Abseiling Day - Statham's Quarry on Sunday 20 August 2017 (8.15AM - 3:00PM)
Cost of activity: $25.
Please pay cash or pay online / direct deposit (please put "Abseil" + scout's name as reference).
Westpac Bank - Bullcreek Leeming Tiger Troop (BSB: 036-069, Account No: 211847)
Parents are required to assist with belaying (at bottom of cliff). More parents the better as the load can be shared around.
Please read through the attached document (Abseil Activity Plan 2017 – Statham’s Quarry) and remind the scouts of the rules:
1. Wear our blue group/activity shirt (NO scouts uniform)
2. Long hair needs to be tied back (to ensure that your hair does not get caught in the descender whilst you are abseiling)
3. Long pants (NO shorts) and good sturdy shoes
4. Hat / sunscreen / water bottle with WATER
5. Bring day pack, morning tea and lunch
6. Bring wet weather gear (if required)
Address: Ridge Hill Road, Gooseberry Hill
If you are travelling up Ridge Hill Road (from Kalamunda/Midland Road), the entrance to Statham’s Quarry is approximately 700 metres on the right hand side, from where the Zig Zag scenic drive joins to Ridge Hill Road.
If you are travelling up Ridge Hill Road from (from Helena Valley Road), the entrance to Statham’s Quarry is approximately 900 metres on the left hand side from round-about (Helena Valley Road / Ridge Hill Road).
There is a white steel gate which is the entrance to the track to the Quarry (and small sign post on the opposite side of the road).
Vehicles: Please beware, small 2WD vehicles (or vehicles with low clearance) may find it challenging to drive on the track to the quarry.