Every 3 years Scouts WA runs a fantastic 3-day endurance camp and it is on again this year. As many as 1,000 cubs from all over WA attend this camp and it is a huge amount of fun. It is filled with lots of opportunities to participate in a range of awesome activities, hang out with new and old friends, create lifelong memories and a wonderful opportunity to learn and build on camping skills.
Date: Friday 27 September - Monday 30 September
Place: Manjedal activity centre, Byford
In order to be eligible to attend, cubs must have already turned 8 by the 30th of June 2019. Cubs must be less than 11 years and 3 months old on 27th September 2019. No exceptions to these ages will be granted by Scouts WA.
This camp is run in the style of a Jamboree. It is full on all day and the cubs are expected to take responsibility for themselves and those around them. To ensure that the cubs are up to this sort of challenge there are some requirements that they must be capable of before they will be approved to go -
1) They must have camped for 2 consecutive nights on a cub camp in a tent (for those cubs that haven't done this we will make a plan to get them qualified before Enduro)
2) They must be capable of packing their own bags to go away, they must know what is in their bag and where to find it. We don't want to hear "I don't know if my mum packed me a ......."
3) Cubs MUST be responsible for keeping their own possessions together. They will have limited space in the tents so must be able to keep their bags organised and tidy. With over 1000 cubs we cannot be chasing up whose lost sock was found or whose mug or bowl was left in the eating area!
4) Cubs must be capable of rolling their bedding back up into a bag or tied up suitable to transport. They can enlist the help of another cub to assist them but they must be able to do the majority of the work on their own as everyone will have their own stuff to pack.
5) Must have a reasonable amount of stamina. The cubs will be on the go from 7am to as late as 9 or 10pm doing activities for 3 days straight. There will be LOTS of walking and plenty of full on activities to keep them entertained.
6) Cubs will be expected to assist with preparing and cooking meals as well as cleaning cooking areas and dishes.
7) Cubs must be willing to get involved and help out with anything. At Enduro nobody gets to sit back and say I am too tired to help or don't want to help with cooking or packing up tents or anything else that needs doing.
All cubs have to be approved by the leaders to attend the camp. We reserve the right to refuse any cubs that we don't think will be capable of participating at the level required. This is for their own safety and enjoyment.
If you are happy that your cub is up to the challenge and meets the age requirements then we would love to have them along to Enduro. Send us an email to let us know that your cub would like to be considered by no later than 5pm Thursday 18th July.Once we have all the names we will let you know if your cub has been approved to attend the camp and we will get you to complete a Y3 form and make payment.
Depending on how many cubs are interested in coming along there may be an opportunity for some parents to attend. If you are interested in attending please let us know and once we have numbers we can let you know if you are required, thanks. Please note, there may be some cost involved for parents attending.
I hope all the cubs will consider coming along, it really is something that they will remember for a very long time.
Registrations for the biggest event in the Cub Scout calendar are now open!
Between now and the end of July you will be able to register your Cub Scouts for THE Cub Scout event of the year. Just head on over to MyScout and click on the Enduro link (here) on the events page to register your Cubs and Leaders that wish to attend. This year, the cost of attending Enduro will be $220 for Cub Scouts, $100 for Venturers that attend as helpers, and $100 for Leaders & Adult Helpers.
There will be many activities for the Cub Scouts to enjoy, and they will be on the go from start to finish. Obviously, we want everybody to have an amazing time and to make sure that your Cub Scouts are up for the challenges and adventure that Jumanjedal will bring, we ask that they are able to complete the Level 2 OAS, full details of which will follow shortly. As more details about the various facets of the event are finalised, they will be released to you. Like us at Enduro 2019 on Facebook for updated information.